Where the Jeune Brothers is now was once a popular vaudeville show. It started off as a canvas tent and in 1866 became a wooden theatre and then in l917 brick. It was the Grand Theatre then in 1885 the Pantages theatre was opened by Alexander Pantages, a Greek immigrant whose lover was “Klondike Kate” Rockwell. He started a string of Vaudeville theatres starting in Dawson City, working his way down the coast. When the Pantage theatre moved from Johnson street to Centennial Square (now the McPherson Playhouse) the Jeune Bros. space turned into a nickelodeon Bijou where a moving picture could be seen for a nickle.